Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Beginnings and Court of Honor

On Wednesday the 30th I went with Grace to New Beginnings.
I can hardly believe it!
While it seemed a little strange at first that she will be joining the Young Women this year, it really was exciting too.
The Young Women put on a nice program and helped to explain each of the values to the girls who would be turning 12 this year.
They had cupcakes decorated for each of the values. 
Here she is with a virtue cupcake :)
 Each of the young girls also received a special necklace.


Grace was so excited to get hers and I can tell that she is really looking forward to joining the Young Women organization when she turns 12.


That same night there was a Court of Honor.
Dallin was awarded the horsemanship merit badge.

He really had a good time earning it.
Noah received the personal management merit badge
and the camping merit badge.
I also was surprised by an award that Mike arranged for me to be given.
I was awarded the Shield of Service from our District.
I wasn't expecting it and was a little caught off guard, but it was nice to be recognized for what I have done with our Cub Scouts :)

5 comments:

teviawall said...

How exciting for Grace! she will love being in YW!!

Your children's lives are so well documented. You do such a great job at that.

That's awesome that Mike did that award for you. We are also starting to do a better job at recognizing and honoring our long term scout leaders. I think in the middle of concentrating on the boys, we often forget about all the hard work of the leaders. You are well deserving, I am sure! Congrats. :)

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Grace will be in YW!

Bob and Raylene said...

How grown up they are. Such good looking kids. Congratlations to all on the awards.

J and T plus Three said...

love it all! And I especially love that Haylee and Grace will be in YW this year! :)

Tina said...

Congratulations to all three of you. I know you have definitely put in the extra mile. Noah is getting closer to that eagle. Is he done? And Grace!!!! Can't believe how grown up she is getting!