Monday, May 13, 2013

Anna's Got Talent!

Last year Grace, Isaac and Anna all tried out for the school talent show. As you might remember, Grace and Isaac participated, but Anna wasn't selected to participate. She was sad at first, but then she decided that she was going to work hard and that she would make it next time.

Well, she tried out again this year and she was so excited because she made it onto the list of performers. 
(Grace and Isaac were going to try out again, but there was a mix-up with their permission slip and so they didn't get to. We decided that was ok since they were in it last year and Anna wasn't.)

She practiced a lot!
She memorized her piece and was really excited to perform.
She played a song called "Legend of the Buffalo"


She did a great job.

After she was done she told me how nervous she was. She said that she forgot to bow because she was so nervous and her legs were shaking really bad. 
She decided she would bow for me after the talent show :)


I'm so proud of her for working hard and for not giving up.
After the show we walked over to Dairy Queen and got some ice cream :)

3 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Way to go Anna!

Bob and Raylene said...

Yeah, Anna. Nicely done. Next time I see you you must play for me, OK?

Tina said...

I have a big smile on my face! Great job Anna!!! I love the way she approaches the piano. . . . . with such confidence!

The hardest thing I try to get my students to do is BOW! I even thought about giving them an extra treat if they would do it!!! Maybe it IS nerves that keeps them from doing it :/ lol!