When I was about 12 or 13 my sister Jan and I spent a summer in Evanston Wyoming.
We lived with our cousin Lonnie and her husband Roger Cazin,
and we worked at their hardware store.
Since my dad is the youngest of 8 children, and his next sibling
is about 8 years older than him, most of my cousins on my dad's side of the family
are quite a bit older...many of them are older than my dad :)
Anyway, on the 3rd of October while my sister Jan was out here visiting from Georgia,
my dad, Jan and I took a trip to Evanston.
The hardware store has change A LOT since we worked there.
It's very different. It's more of a Home Goods store now.
We had fun looking around the store and visiting with Lonnie and Roger.
My Dad even bought me my birthday present while we were there.
We found a pretty purple glass cake stand :)
(I didn't get to have until my birthday though)
(I didn't get to have until my birthday though)
We also had a nice lunch with them.
The drive was fun too, just spending time with Jan and my Dad,
my Dad is not above being silly...he's a good sport too!
I also enjoyed looking out the window at the beautiful scenery :)





2 comments:
Love your new cake thing-a-ma-jig......purple! Also the second to the last picture made me think of "purple mountains majesty." What beautiful pictures!
The scenery was beautiful. So happy you guys could make that trip.
Post a Comment