General Conference weekend was nice.
I made homemade cinnamon rolls.
I made homemade cinnamon rolls.
I used a recipe from my friend Jacque Munns.
They turned out quite yummy!
Between sessions the kids and I, along with some of my family, drove what they call the Alpine Loop.
It was so beautiful!
Sorry for the overload of scenic pictures, but I just liked them all :)
(Let me know if you have a favorite, I'm considering getting one printed to hang on the wall)
The kids enjoyed the ride.
Loved these pictures of Isaac and Anna...
complete with photobomb by Dallin :)
We had to stop and let them get out once because Isaac
and Anna needed to touch the snow :)
Conference was wonderful, and as is always the case, I heard many things that truly touched my heart.
I'm thankful that they put the talks in the Ensign so that we can have them to read and re-read and
continue to learn from.
I was impressed with my kids too. They (especially the older ones) really paid attention and took notes of their own without me even asking them to.
Some things that stuck out to me from conference:
Look ahead and believe.
Work together more.
Don't work for your own glory and recognition.
It's not what we have done or where we have been, but where we are willing to go.
A grateful person is rich in contentment.
Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.
Accepting and magnifying callings can bring joy to our families.
Mans law doesn't change God's law.
Being truly converted means we live it.
The Lord sees weakness differently than rebellion.
Choose activities you can attend together as a couple.
Some addictions may not necessarily be evil, but if they take too much time away from family then...
Avoid bondage of any kind.
Everyone can have their home blessed by Priesthood power.
Sometimes using all our strength means asking for help.
(Loved the story of the little boy trying to move the rock.)
Each time you look in the mirror see your body as your temple for your spirit.
How you use your body affects your spirit.













4 comments:
I like the third one from the top best. :) Thanks for sharing your faves from conference.
A very nice conference! Those rolls look so yummy! And isn't it nice that you can listen to conference anywhere you go in Utah? We had to really change our ways here!
Did you know that Jacque grew up around the corner from my mom? they have known each other their whole lives. Small world I tell ya. Wish it was much smaller so that MD and UT were closer together.
Thanks for the cinnamon rolls, delicious. Thanks for going on the ride with us and for taking the pictures, the quakies might be my personal favorite. Thanks for the reminders of conference talks.
Post a Comment