Monday, June 23, 2014

Great Grandpa's Ties

I've been helping out with some cleaning and stuff at my Grandma's house and my uncles house in Ogden. I was happy to have the chance to get some of my Grandpa Elmer's ties. My boys each wore one to church yesterday. They never got the chance to know him because he died when I was about 14. I always felt a closeness to him though because I was born on his birthday. He was such a great man.
My maternal grandpa George Wilford Elmer.
Dallin, Isaac and Noah wearing the ties.
I think they look great!

4 comments:

Blondinko said...

Very nice of you to keep Grandpa's memory alive in your children. None of my siblings or I, of course, knew our grandfather either, Levi James Elmer, your great grandfather, since he died at 78 years old, before our parents were married. We never had anything to remember him by. I hope it means something to your boys.
P.S. Thanks again for your, and your sons help at the house.

Bob and Raylene said...

You are making me cry here.

teviawall said...

My brothers wanted some of our great grandpa's bolo ties when he died, but they didn't ever get any of them. They were sorely disappointed. I'm glad your kids got those ties. And hey, old is always new these days! They look great!

teviawall said...

My brothers wanted some of our great grandpa's bolo ties when he died, but they didn't ever get any of them. They were sorely disappointed. I'm glad your kids got those ties. And hey, old is always new these days! They look great!