We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. We did not have any family come in and we didn't travel anywhere for the first time in probably 8 years. It was the perfect opportunity to get the kids involved in all the preparations. A few days ago I made a list of everything we would have at our feast and I let them all choose what they would like to make. We started bright and early in the morning and were able to eat at about 4 o'clock. We all had a great time and the kids were so impressed with everything they made. It was fun to listen to them "advertise" at the table.
"Have you tried the mashed potatoes that I made? They are so delicious."
"Did you get some of my strawberries that I cut with a knife...by myself?"
"Mmm, this stuffing is so good."
"I think the gravy is yummy, you should try it."
"Wow, these rolls are the best."
I was especially tickled at Grace's mashed potatoes comment, my kids are famous for hating mashed potatoes...but I love them, so we had to have them. She told me she wanted to cook them because she liked to peel things and mash things. I didn't expect her to eat any, but she did and she raved about them. I told her she could be our official mashed potato maker from now on.
The kids enjoyed it so much, Noah and Dallin suggested that we make it a tradition for them to all help cook on Thanksgiving...sounds fine to me. Oh, and by the way, Mike took care of the turkey, while I supervised all of the Little Chefs! Thank you honey, it was delicious!
"Have you tried the mashed potatoes that I made? They are so delicious."
"Did you get some of my strawberries that I cut with a knife...by myself?"
"Mmm, this stuffing is so good."
"I think the gravy is yummy, you should try it."
"Wow, these rolls are the best."
I was especially tickled at Grace's mashed potatoes comment, my kids are famous for hating mashed potatoes...but I love them, so we had to have them. She told me she wanted to cook them because she liked to peel things and mash things. I didn't expect her to eat any, but she did and she raved about them. I told her she could be our official mashed potato maker from now on.
The kids enjoyed it so much, Noah and Dallin suggested that we make it a tradition for them to all help cook on Thanksgiving...sounds fine to me. Oh, and by the way, Mike took care of the turkey, while I supervised all of the Little Chefs! Thank you honey, it was delicious!
Earlier in the day we had everyone take a piece of paper and write down or draw pictures of things they were thankful for. Later when we sat down to eat our delicious meal, we read from the bowl. We had some wonderful moments of gratitude and some laughs too. We are truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving too.
6 comments:
Next year can I hire your kids to prepare my Thanksgiving dinner? Or at least go to the Commissary for me?
That is a lot of pictures...even for you :)
Maybe one day I'll keep a "pure" blog too.
Everything looks great and I am sure tasty too. That's a great tradition to start. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.
That was so wonderful! Everyone must have really appreciated dinner this year because of the part they had in preparing.
I remember the days in Germany when we had our very own little Thanksgiving. Not that I don't love being near family, but I do miss those times of total family bonding.
Sounds like you had fun!
So totally awesome! Last year we did the same thing. It was our last T-day with Aaron before he left for his mission.
It looks like your Thanksgiving dinner was truly a feast! How wonderful that everyone helped. Mom, you get an A+ for all the organization and guidance. The table looked splended and everyone looked so happy. We are soooooo thankful for the Isom family!
Post a Comment