Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things our kids say - May

5-1 During fast and testimony meeting today at church, while a man was sharing his testimony, he mentioned President Monson's talk on our choices and the three R's. As soon as he said that my kids perked up and Anna said "I know those...reduce, reuse and recycle!" 
She reduced and reused her tortilla for some fun the other night at dinner.
What a cutie!

*Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the three R's from President Monson's talk.


5-1 Isaac: I'm better than a horcrux!
better than horcruxes and toads too :)


5-4 Noah was working on figuring out which merit badges to sign up for at scout camp this year. After looking over the list, he was disappointed. He told me that a lot of the ones he was interested in, he wouldn't be able to do because he was too short. 
I didn't really think anything of it, I did think it was a little strange, but just figured they must have a reason for the size restriction...I didn't actually look at the paper.
Later at the church my friend Nanette showed me the actual wording on the paper...turns out it was a restriction on the size of the group, not the size of the scout. Noah was a little bit embarrassed, but more happy to know that he could participate in the merit badges that he wanted.


5-6 Part of Anna's prayer this morning..."please bless that we won't play our DSs too much."
Amen to that!


5-8 Mike: Noah, you are a great son.
Noah: Thank you for stating the obvious.


5-8 Isaac: Mom, Dallin is trying to maim me!


5-13 Anna and I were at the zoo today and as we were going to see the Komodo dragon she told me, "I don't think a Komodo dragon would be good to have as a pet."


5-14 Dallin asked me,  "Mom, if I clean the playroom in less than 1 minute will you give me 100 dollars?" I said, "sure."
So, he tried, but didn't make it...then he came to me and told me that I only made the deal because I knew he wouldn't be able to do it...smart kid, he's right!
Only a couple minutes later Isaac asked if I would give him a million dollars to do it in less than 5 seconds...ha ha!


5-15 I overheard this cute conversation while getting ready for church.
Isaac: Anna you can't wear bracelets to church.
Anna: Mom wears bracelets to church.
Isaac: Yeah, because she's a mom, she can do whatever she wants.
Anna: Na ah, she can't fly.
Isaac: She could if she had a jet pack...or flying shoes.
Hmm...flying shoes, I wonder if DSW carries those :)


5-15 Noah: I'm going to get rich by being an inventor. In like 10 years I'm going to invent something really important.
Mom: I guess you better start getting some ideas.
Noah: I already know...I'm going to invent a floating wheelchair. Then the wheelchair wouldn't need a ramp or anything it could just go wherever, even up stairs.
Thinking of another great invention


5-16 Tonight Anna was on the lesson for Family Home Evening and she wanted to teach about love. She asked the question, "Why should we love each other?" Here are the first two answers which made me think that we needed this lesson :)
Dallin: Because we have to.
Noah: Because we're going to be stuck with each other forever.


5-27 After seeing an elephant relieve itself at the zoo today, Grace said, "I will not eat chocolate or drink lemonade for the rest of the day because it will just remind me of the elephant poop and pee!"
She did however make sure to tell everyone about it!

*This is not the offending elephant of course, that picture is coming soon to a blog post near you...unless I decide that it's a little too gross! :)


5-29 Isaac: Mom can I adopt Andrew Sparks?


5-29 Tonight while having ice cream, we were talking about the 10 commandments. Grace was trying to name all of them in order. She got them and when she was done, Isaac said, "Wait I thought one of them was thou shalt not do that smoking thing or take drugs or whatever." 


5-30 Mike and I bought the new Lysol hands free soap dispenser to put in the kids bathroom. I showed it to the kids and told them how to use it. 

They thought it was pretty cool and Isaac quickly said, "Uh, Mom...I think I need to wash my hands, ya, they are dirty...see."
I think he just wanted to be the first one to use it :)
Then Noah noticed the scent, "Yuck cucumbers, I'm not using it." I reminded him that he didn't have to eat it, and I think he was fine with it after that.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Awesome as always, and cutest kids. Noah looks WAY too old. Tell him to stop it! I want to hear a full review of the no-touch soap. And I'd also appreciate some book reviews, please!

Bob and Raylene said...

Great as always - you can thank me for stating the obvious!
for extra credit - the three Rs are:
Right of choice
Responsibility of choice
Results of choice
October 2010
Can I also have credit for Googling Horcrux so I would know what that is? A powerful object where a dark witch hides a part of her soul for immortality - requires the witch to commit murder.

Nanette said...

Love the wheelchair idea. If he could make it, he would be one wealthy person. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry Mom for not explaining what a horcrux is...sometimes I forget that not everyone knows all things Harry Potter :)

Oh, and bonus points awarded for knowing the 3 R's!

LeeAnn said...

Flying shoes....I want some too, but only if they can get me to work and back home again faster than a car!

Andrew said...

I love reading these, they are priceless. How did you get a bunch of funny kids in one family? I only got Sage. What's your trick?

Jenée's Blog said...

I always look forward to reading this monthly post on your blog... :o)
{I have become lazy with my 'Fun Friday Phrases'. Oops!}

Tina said...

Oh dear! I was going to say the the r's were reading riting and rithmatic . . . . . just kidding!

A great post! Priceless!