Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pinewood Derby

The Annual Cub Scout Pinewood Derby for our pack was held tonight. Noah and Dallin each designed their own cars. They had a good time coming up with ideas. Noah decided to do a cell phone and he named his car "Motoroller."
Dallin wanted his name on his car. It took him about 5 or 6 times to get the letters the way he wanted them, but he didn't give up.
Both cars turned out great. They were not very aerodynamic though, and neither one performed very well. Both boys were disappointed a little, Noah especially since it was his last Pinewood Derby. In the car on the way home, we talked about the experience. I was so impressed with their attitudes, they both chose to find postive things about the night. By the time we got home they were happy and already talking about next time. Dallin even told Noah that if he wins , he'll give the medal to Noah. Then they started talking about working on a car together for next year and sharing the award they will win. I love the change in attitude that happened with them and I am so proud of they way they both decided to deal with not winning the race. What great boys I have!

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

The boys cars looked great and we all had fun...hopefully ours will do better next year as well.

Melanie said...

What a great experience that pinewood derby thing. Great attitude boys, I love your designs!

Tina said...

Their cars are very creative! Pinewood derby can be pretty traumatizing . . . glad your boys took the high road and decided to be positive!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I think the event went off tear-free

Unknown said...

Well not quite tear free Tara. Noah shed a few right after, but I just had to do my best to help him not dwell on it.

LeeAnn said...

Ah the Pinewood Derby. It was the best of times...it was the worst of times. Glad your boys had a great time!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

How fun, cool cars! Carson has a banana car. He has been waiting for the day for months now. They had is scheduled in March and moved it to This weekend. Right when we are going to be gone to UT. Bummer! Karl is going to go race it for him. We'll see how it goes.

Robyn said...

Those are both SWEET cars! Most of all, congrats on the amazing attitudes. What sweet boys.

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

They should win awards for most creative! Great job guys!

Cunningham Blog said...

That cell phone car is VERY creative! It looked great!

Bob and Raylene said...

Terrific cars, guys! Winning isn't everything as I see you already know. That shows you are maruting. I have a movie about the pinewood derby I'll have to let you watch one day soon.
Love you guys!

annie valentine said...

The cell phone car should win a national award, name and all. I'm definitely showing that one to Jason.

Liz King Bradley said...

Those were awesome designs! What great attitudes too!!! We sure miss friends like you guys!